Quincy, Pool & Spa Inspections
A pool can be a magnificent addition to a house. Many hours are spent with family and friends in a pool. But just like a house a poorly maintained or old pool can be costly to restore or repair. Let ACL Home Inspections give you the information you need to know about the pool you are about to buy.
Adding a pool inspection to our home inspection service is a great value. Pools can have significant repair issues that can be expensive to fix. Let us identify those for you. Our pool and spa inspections are very detailed, but not exhaustive.
A pool inspection is an optional service. If a pool inspection is included with a house inspection, please allow additional time for the inspection due to the additional time required to inspect and document the pool. Just like a home inspection, pool inspections are visual in nature and do not include dismantling any component.
We evaluate the following components of a pool:
- Surface condition (plaster, vinyl, fiberglass)
- Coping edge
- Tile band
- Decking around the pool
- Pool light functionality
- Condition of pumps, valves and visible plumbing
- Pool furnace
- Condition of filter
- Electrical components
- GFCI protection
- Fill Valves
- Condition of Pumps and Valves
- Above grade (visible) plumbing
- Condition of Solar Panels
- Fencing/Door Alarms
- Safety Drain Covers
- Safety Ledge (bench)
- Operational condition of pool/spa
- Limited Operation of Computer Control Systems
- Bonding Wire on Equipment (not fencing or house)
If the Buyer is present at the time of the inspection a quick run through on how to operate the pool equipment can and will be provided.
Here's what is not included:
- Any test that requires draining pool
- Concealed Items (ex. Rebar, underground plumbing)
- Pool body and decorative components such as tile, paint, and special coatings
- All underground piping and electrical, and leak detection of non-visible plumbing
- Chemical and water treatment systems, including the chemical conditions of the water in the pool/spa
- Sizing, adequacy of pool equipment
- Projections of life expectancy or future performance of any equipment, system, structure or component
- Determining compliance with installation guidelines, regulations, covenants, or other restrictions, including
- The issuance of permits
- Adequacy of solar panels or the mounting thereof
- All Diving boards and/or slides
- Programming computerized control systems
- Manual operation of valves
- All other Limitations, Exceptions, Exclusions as set forth in the Standard Inspection Agreement
More invasive, exhaustive testing is available from some pool contractors. These inspections are lengthy and may include pressure testing underground plumbing, verifying sizing and adequacy of equipment, and providing estimates of life remaining. A pool contractor may also provide you with estimates of repair, if required. These high end inspections typically cost between $400 - $750.
We also offer: Four Point Insurance Inspections | Wind Mitigation Reports | Pool and Spa Inspections | Lawn Irrigation Inspections
ACL Home Inspections, LLC offers Home Inspection Services to clients across Tallahassee, Crawfordville, Quincy, Havana, Monticello, Leon County, Wakulla County, Jefferson County, Gadsden County, Florida, and Thomasville, Bainbridge, Thomas County, Decatur County.
Contact ACL Home Inspections, LLC - Professional Home Inspector in Tallahassee, FLCALL NOW!